Friday, February 4, 2011

Naboth the foreshadow

1 Kings 21:2 "And after this Ahab said to Naboth, "Give me your vineyard, that I may have it for a vegetable garden, because it is near my house, and I will give you a better vineyard for it; or, if it seems good to you, I will give you its value in money."
Luke 20:13 "Then the owner of the vineyard said, 'What shall I do? I will send my beloved son; perhaps they will respect him.' But when the tenants saw him, they said to themselves, 'This is the heir. Let us kill him, so that the inheritance may be ours.'"

1 Kings 21:3 "But Naboth said to Ahab, "The LORD forbid that I should give you the inheritance of my fathers."
Matthew 4:8-10 "Again, the devil took Him to a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. And he said to Him, "All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me." Then Jesus said to him, "Be gone, Satan! For it is written, "'You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you serve.'"

1 Kings 21:13 "And the two worthless men came in and sat opposite him. And the worthless men brought a charge against Naboth in the presence of the people, saying, "Naboth cursed God and the king." So they took him outside the city and stoned him to death with stones"
Mark 14:55-56,61,64, 15:37 "Now the chief priests and the whole Council were seeking testimony against Jesus to put him to death, but they found none. For many bore false witness against him, but their testimony did not agree...But he remained silent and made no answer. Again the high priest asked him, "Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?...You have heard his blasphemy. What is your decision?" And they all condemned him as deserving death...And Jesus uttered a loud cry and breathed his last"

2 Kings 9:26 "'As surely as I saw yesterday the blood of Naboth and the blood of his sons..."
Acts 8:33 (NIV) "In His humiliation He was deprived of justice. Who can speak of His descendants? For His life was taken from the earth."

1 comment:

Lamb said...

Amen. I saw the same thing recently. I've never heard anyone speak about how Naboth is a shadow of Christ. I saw it when reading on my own and it made me pause. I decided to look and see if any other believers had something posted on this. Thank you for sharing.

The Heretical Religion of Wokeism

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served tha...