Friday, March 23, 2012

Proverbs always has the response

Today I see this in my inbox:
From: Tonya
Subject: My husband just left.
I didn't bother opening it up, it's obviously a SPAM advertisement for some site I don't want to visit from someone I don't know. What struck me upon reading it is how this is temptation is so clearly an invitation to hell. Behold the identical temptation:
 Proverbs 7:19-20,18- "For my husband is not at home; he has gone on a long journey; he took a bag of money with him; at full moon he will come home." "Come, let us take our fill of love till morning; let us delight ourselves with love."

Solomon's answer to it is thus: "And now, O sons, listen to me,and be attentive to the words of my mouth. Let not your heart turn aside to her ways; do not stray into her paths, for many a victim has she laid low, and all her slain are a mighty throng. Her house is the way to Sheol, going down to the chambers of death"

Proverbs is sobering medicine for the believer to keep them from the paths of sin. And it's remarkable how exactly relevant it is in the small things of life.

No comments:

The Heretical Religion of Wokeism

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served tha...