Friday, June 8, 2012

Zechariah Chapter 4


[1] And the angel that talked with me came again, and waked me, as a man that is wakened out of his sleep,
·         There has been the vision of the horses, the measuring angel, the courtroom, and now this, the fourth vision
·         It seems to be that Zechariah had these series of visions as he kept falling asleep and waking up

[2] And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof:
·         This is the lampstand that is found in the temple, with a bowl to hold additional fuel

[3] And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.
·         Additionally there are two olive trees which seem to be continually feeding the oil to the light.
·         The meaning is therefore, that no longer would a priest come in and trim this, or prepare it. God would soon once for all fix His light upon the world by one priestly act for all time.
·         See the reference to the lamp stand in Revelation 1:12
·         The olive trees are also in Rev 11:4

[4] So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?
[5] Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
·         Zecharaih asks the meaning and is told that he really should know this.
·         God is going to make known His presence via the priest, and the king. When they come together in the person of Christ He is going to be the light of the world.

[6] Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.
·         This is the question on Zechariahs mind: “How will we, such a small remnant, be delivered?” The answer is not by any of your might or power, but by Mine.

[7] Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.
·         Reminiscent of “if you have faith as a mustard seed, speak to this mountain…”
·         The task before them was a mountain of work, yet it would be finished, as the last stone was put in they would cry aloud in praise to GOd

[8] Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
[9] The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you.
·         This is a direct prophecy for Zerubbabel, that he would finish it. There was no need to be discouraged, God would personally see this work finished

[10] For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plum line in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.
·         The seven eyes mean that God sees all. 7 is the number of completion (7 days in a week)
·         God is reminding them not to despise what He enjoys

[11] Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?
[12] And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
[13] And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
[14] Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the LORD of the whole earth.
·         It’s likely they are Joshua and Zerubbabel, the priest and the King
·         In Rev 11 they are Moses and Elijah, the law and the prophets

No comments:

The Heretical Religion of Wokeism

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served tha...