Friday, December 31, 2010

Rewards for God's doings

Ezekiel 36:25-27 "I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes and be careful to obey my rules."
Matthew 25:21 "His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.'"

I have heard it asked, how is it that God can praise the man for merely doing what God made Him to do?  The Calvinist answers that God would not be good unless He loves and praises the good, therefore in a sense God is compelled to enjoy His works  and beauty being reflected.  This is true.
But it came to me as I was washing my daughters hands by giving her the soap, and the water, and the elevation to do the task, and then by moving her arms and hands as I dictated, that she was indeed cooperating with me, and trying to emulate me and learn from my instruction.  For this I praised her, and yet nobody would raise the same charge against me "How can you praise your infant daughter for doing what you made her to do?" 
I am training my daughter to do things, in heaven God will be dispensing rewards in exactly the same way.

No comments: